Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One Year

It's hard to believe a year has passed since I began writing this blog. Brenda receives full credit for getting me into this racket! She had been writing her Smitten With Knittin' blog for years and I'd have fun seeing her write and receive such a cathartic experience each week. Brenda is a terrific writer, and with her prompting and commitment to edit my ramblings, I pushed off from the dock into the open-internet sea as a blogger on March 31, 2010.

Since I started writing, I've had to find my rhythm. Posting a blog everyday was way too daunting a task even for a guy like me who, as the 19th century British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli said of William Gladstone, "is inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity." I found that Monday, Wednesday and Friday are good days to post for me, sometimes more if I feel the thought is worth the effort.

In the past year, readers from four continents, and practically every state in the U.S., have been generous with their occasional visits to my blog. I have many who tell me they read regularly. If one really wants to know me--my heart, my passions--they should read my posts. I am a pretty simple guy with very common tastes, but the thing that makes my life rich is my commitment to Christ. Other than my favorite subject, Brenda and family--worship, church, guitars, gear, music, books, TV and gadgets have made consistent entries into my blog for the past 12 months.

I will continue this pursuit even if no one reads these words because, you see, it's primarily for me. I have gained so much joy from the process that it's self-rewarding. Thanks for joining me on this journey--I've got many more miles to go before I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment