Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Remembering Mom

Today marks the 14th anniversary of my mother's passing. She was only 67 and we never saw it coming. Every time April 19th rolls around it is bittersweet; that day changed us all.

After her death, Brenda, the kids and I moved to North Carolina to be near my Dad. That ended up being a four-year blessing. In that time we met so many life-long friends. We were able to partner with my buddy, Mike Snelgrove, to start Cornerstone Fellowship Church. I am proud to say that the church is doing extremely well. Even as we've been away for almost ten years now, our time with my Dad and the church was priceless and fruitful. Dad is doing well and prides in being the oldest member of Cornerstone Fellowship!

The bitter part of today is that Mom is not here. The sweet part is that her legacy of being a first-rate mother, grandmother and wife lives on forever in our hearts.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment