Friday, January 14, 2011

10 Guilty Pleasures

Since it's the end of another work week and I am afforded the time for activities that I love to do (as opposed to have to do), I put a little thought into what my guilty pleasures might be. I haven't really listed them in one place before, but here we go! I know it's risky to do this; blogging is risky enough, so I am taking a big chance here with the hope that you won't cross the street to avoid me the next time our paths potentially meet. This list is in random order so don't let #1 give you the wrong idea!

1) A hot bath: As high a temperature that our water heater can produce--scalding hot water and sauna jets help me to say goodbye to everyone for as long as it takes. No one follows me in there except Brenda when my cell phone rings (see #6).

2) Grocery shopping: I know...Brenda hates it, but I don't mind it at all. I guess it's a way to spend money--on necessities. Spending money on non-essentials is, for sure, a guilty pleasure, but I'm not ready to admit it yet!

3) Visiting Amazon MP3: each morning I look for a great $3.99 deal on records I otherwise wouldn't normally buy.

4) Listening to 60s & 70s bubble gum, one-hit-wonder songs: They bring me back to my childhood. So if you hear me humming the melody to, "Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me...," just remember, I warned you here...

5) Watching King of Queens re-runs on TBS: I love to watch the interplay between Doug and Carrie. There's always a funny, unspoken facet of life that they seem to capture.

6) Gadgets: I love the quest for the "newest and coolest" stuff. My dad says that his father was the same way. They'll make you poor, real quick...but gadgets also make it easy for creditors to get a hold of you.

7) Disneyland: I will visit there as often as I get to southern California. Again, I think it brings me back to being a kid. Walt Disney is a fascinating person as well as a creative inspiration.

8) Staying in my PJs all day: I can be a total recluse when the opportunity avails. I get alot done: write songs, work in my studio, do my blog, etc. You just don't wanna see me in my super-hero outfit...it's very sad.

9) Hamburgers: I love them, but my health suffers if I eat them too often. A couple times a month won't kill me, though. Fries are a weakness, too! I totally love the aroma of deep-fried food as it hangs in the air above a McDonalds or a Burger King...smells like vacation to me!

10) Breakfast: I know my guilty pleasures are mostly of the food variety. This is certainly tied to my struggle with excess poundage. Nevertheless, there's nothing like a Grand Slam at Denny's, anytime of the day; it's a main course and dessert in one package. When traveling, I search out a breakfast place like Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, Bob Evans, Perkins, IHOP, etc., while Brenda scouts for a Starbucks. Eggs over-easy, sausage patties, pancakes or biscuits: heaven on a plate!

There you have it--my flaws bared for all to see! I bet some of you are as passionate about some of these things as I am. Let me know...

1 comment:

  1. With you on the breakfast thing. We have a family tradition of going out on New Year's day and having a hearty breakfast at one of the places you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete