Friday, March 16, 2012

The Passion Test


With finding one's purpose in life, passion is a key ingredient to seeing your purpose lived out. I ran across 12 questions that help define one's level of passion when it comes to starting a new business, project, opportunity, etc. I believe we need to ask ourselves hard questions before we get out and try and run with the bulls. This query is truly an eye-opening activity. Rosabeth Moss Kanter is a professor at Harvard Business School and an author. This test comes from her blog entry of March 29, 2010. See if your passion is up to snuff:


1. Do I feel strongly about the need for this?
2. Does the idea fit my long-held beliefs, values, and convictions?
3. Have I dreamed about something like this for a long time?
4. Do I think that this is vital for the future of people I care about?
5. Do I get excited when I think about it, and convey excitement when I talk about it?
6. Am I convinced that this can be accomplished?
7. Am I willing to put my credibility on the line to promise action on it?
8. Am I willing to spend time to sell it to others who might not understand or support it?
9. Can I make this the major focus of my activities?
10. Am I willing to devote personal time, above and beyond organizational time, to see that this happens?
11. Do I feel strongly enough to ignore negativity and fight for this?
12. Am I committed to seeing this through, over the long haul?


Passing the passion test doesn't guarantee success, but without it, the journey can't even begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment