Friday, March 30, 2012

New Music Update



Gary and I are very excited to finally get our project out of the studio and into the world! We are putting final touches on a few songs we felt needed some extra special care before released them. We are so pumped, and hope to have it mastered by summer.

Also, I have been working on an instrumental project. It's been a dream of mine to do a guitar record of my own. I fell in love with Earl Klugh's music in the late '70s when I first heard Heartstrings. I always wanted to write and perform songs that moved me like that album did. I also love the prog-rock stylings of ELP, Yes and Kansas, so I've written a special song called "Emerald City" in their honor.  Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't add "Amazing Grace"--the studio version of the Allman Brothers-style solo stuff I did at World Outreach Church in January of 2011.

All of these musical flavors have been percolating in my soul for ages, and now it's my time to mix it up and send out a love letter for the guitar. It will be out soon.

Thanks for your continued encouragement of my playing, singing and writing; I am the most content while creating music. Thanks for hanging in there with my blog posts as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment