Friday, November 9, 2012

Late Night Guitar Geek



When I write my weekly blog I try not to isolate or, rather, bore any one reader--though it's always a gamble. Today I am probably going to alienate somebody with a guitar geek post.

I'm a huge fan of Premier Guitar magazine (PG). Along with a great print edition, they have an extraordinary web presence, including an ever-flowing stream of gear reviews and rig breakdowns from some of my favorite players. Yesterday, PG sent out an email with six links to rig rundowns for guitar players and bassists of six late-night show bands. I think interviewer Rebecca Dirks and PG hit the ball out of the park on this one!

I am partial to the Conan O'Brien Show and Saturday Night Live because I watch them regularly. I'm also a fan of both Conan's Jimmy Vivino (his guitar gear  passion is contagious) and SNL's Jared Scharff.

I have included the videos to these two rig rundowns I mention below, and a link to all six can be found HERE.

I am a lover and a chaser of killer guitar tone. It's such a subjective journey. But as most of those interviewed in the rig rundowns attest: it's all about getting the job done, every night of the week. In other words: songs first, gear second!



No comments:

Post a Comment