Monday, June 7, 2010

Still A Loser

An update on my recent life-style change is due.

I have been high-blood-pressure free for 2 months now. I continue to lose weight and am down 30 lbs. and falling. My goal is 50 at 50 (down 50 lbs. for my half-century birthday--which happens to fall on Josh and Amber's wedding day, July 10th). I am on track, but 20 lbs. in a month is a tall order! I am willing to do what it takes to lose the rest and to keep it off even if I need August to fulfill it.

Things seem to change in life by decades and involve things that roll. The first decade is stroller to bicycle; second is bicycle to car; third is a car to pushing a stroller & teaching the kids to ride a bike; fourth is teaching the kids to drive; and the fifth is gonna be staying active on the treadmill and movement in general. I want to forgo the decade when it all goes backward and I am being pushed in a wheelchair. My decision to make a big change in life now will make the difference for the rest of my life.

My dad is 83 and he is doing fantastic. His eyes are feeble with macular degeneration but he is still gobbling up books on the Kindle that Brenda and I got him for Christmas last year . He added years to his life when he made a serious life-style change and decided to quit smoking almost 30 years ago. I believe Pop's biggest asset to longevity is his humor. He brings fun to every conversation and people just love him. I want to be like my dad: chronologically blessed, well-read, handsome and hilarious!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Jamie! And I have been meaning to tell you that I think your clean-shaven face looks even younger!

    ReplyDelete