Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Guitar Men

I had lunch this week with two guys who build musical instruments: Mario Martin (Guitar Mill) builds guitars and Kevin Shaw (Shaw Audio) builds amplifiers. When I get the opportunity to hang out with guys like these I am both delighted and intimidated. As a musician I've learned to focus on the playing and leave the technical stuff to the experts. I can be intimidated because I am not an electrical engineer or a carpenter. But I know what I like when it comes to tone and functionality. When it all boils down, I am simply a guitar picker--and these guys make me sound good when I play through their awesome tone machines.

Here's a video produced by Nashville Public Television--a great piece about my friend, Mario Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment