Monday, July 9, 2012

Rain, Rain



It poured last night. After a couple of weeks of scorching 100 degree-plus temperatures, the sky finally broke open and soaked the dry ground--especially the lawn, flowers and garden--around our house. It reminded me of just how dependent upon God we humans are.

I am humbled by the fact that my life is unsustainable outside of the grace and provision of God. If our planet scooted closer or further away from the sun, we would all burn up or freeze. The same with the delicate balance of oxygen on earth: we would suffocate if the mix changed even a smidgeon. Here's the skinny: We are all dependent on God, whether we want to admit it, confess it, believe it or not. I choose to accept that God is involved in the tiniest details of our lives and our environment.

Thank you, God, for the rain. I pray that we get more over the next few days. Our air conditioner out back has been carrying a heavy load lately. I feel the same way at times in my life: circumstances can get tough and it's always good when God's grace rains down and brings needed relief in my heart.

I say, "Let it pour!"

No comments:

Post a Comment