Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hotel Harvill

I am a blessed guy. I have a wonderful wife with whom I am very much in love. Brenda and I live in a quaint little town 30 minutes south of Nashville. When we bought this house 10 years ago in July, we couldn’t have predicted the contentment we would feel about this place today.

We really love our home. It’s not the Taj Mahal, but it's just the right size for the two of us. When Betsy and Josh moved out three years ago, we did a complete overhaul of each bedroom. With a fresh coat of paint, cleaned carpets, new bedding and a few new accent pieces, we had their old lairs transformed into hotel rooms, of sorts. Even though the kids love to come over, spend a night in the Hotel Harvill, and get a free breakfast from “yours truly,” they wouldn’t want to come back to stay for anything. But that ain't stopping me from getting them here as often as possible!

I am relishing the hang time with the whole clan lately, made possible by Betsy and Adam's recent return to Nashville, and Josh and Amber's close proximity. As a proud papa, I love to be surrounded by the people I adore. I don't think that most soon-to-be-married folks fully consider just how important the establishment of their own family will become--that it will probably evolve into the epicenter of their lives one day.

So, the fridge is stocked, the rooms are ready, and we are hoping the kids make a reservation at the Hotel Harvill soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment