Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Guitar Gear

Thanks for reading my blog. I know the subject matter is a bit schizophrenic with all of the diverse entries; I can't just settle on one thing because my interests are many.
(Jamie and Charlie Daniels in photo).

A few weeks ago I posted my live church guitar rig set-up, including the amps, pedals, sound-proofing, cable runs, etc. Today, I want to direct your attention to my website where I have updated the gear page. There you will find a pretty detailed photo lineup of what I use in my studio. Not all of the guitars are accounted for in the photos but, suffice it to say, I have most sonic bases covered in both the electric and acoustic guitars.

I am pumped about my amps! You will see them on the gear page, too. I have no need of double-stacked Marshals to get those nasty tones. Rather, I rely on lower-wattage amps for recording and live applications. Kevin Shaw at Shaw Audio makes some ridiculous amps, two of which I purchased for the church, and two for myself. Kevin also introduced me to WGS speakers, particularly the Reaper. All of my speaker cabs, with the exception of my Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr., have some variation of WGS speakers represented. They are stellar right out of the box! Kevin makes beautifully constructed extension cabs (see the gear page photos). The open-back variety are light-weight, full, loud and spew beautiful tone.

My pedals are present there, too. Most of the board-mounted ones are in the photos with the exception of several that have made their way to thttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifhe "Island of Lost Tones." After a while I get tired of certain pedals and replace them with something new.

So anyway, I would love for you to take a gander at my updated gear page. Thanks to my son, Josh, for designing and maintaining the site. He just graduated from MTSU with a Mass Communications degree and would be happy to work on your web project.

Thanks again, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment