Wednesday, February 1, 2012

To Carb Or Not To Carb?



I've got to lose some serious poundage. In the past three decades I have lost weight through a myriad of programs. Recently I found myself caught in the vortex of uncertainty until I made my final decision.

Lately I have have been a bread-eating machine after we found an ample supply of killer sourdough from our local market---I have stuffed my face with it daily. That was just the tip of the iceberg...

After falling off the wagon of my 2010 weight loss, I ended up in a deadly "eat whatever I see" behavior pattern. It wasn't like I was literally eating furniture or small animals on a whim, it was just a lack of discipline and ignoring the cost of irresponsible eating. So I wrestled with which weight loss method to use. I believe in the Weight Watcher's philosophy of counting calories, but I also had to make a big change with my love affair with starch.

I lost 60 pounds in '04 with a low carb approach, so that's what I have been doing for two weeks now. I do miss my starches, but a thinner "me" is much more attractive! Please pray for me as I attempt to create a more healthy lifestyle. I feel for you guys out there who are doing the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment