Monday, April 30, 2012

The Beatles at the Washington Coliseum



This past weekend was a milestone for me. I saw the Beach Boys for the first time. We received VIP passes, met a few of the boys backstage, including the "lost Beach Boy" and original lead guitarist, David Marks. What a killer night!

Several years ago Brenda and I flew to New York and saw Paul McCartney at the Madison Square Garden--another milestone. I wish I got tickets to see Ringo Starr here in Nashville in July...all sold out in a flash (that would have rounded-out my Beatles concert bucket list).

When we look back on our lives, its hard to disassociate the music we listened to growing up from our memories. The Beatles and the Beach Boys were the Alpha and Omega of my osmotic musical education.

I  came upon this clip online including some lost footage of a Beatles concert at the Washington Coliseum. Pretty darn cool. The documentary is lengthy, but if you are a Beatles fan, it'll be fine!

What an era in which to grow up: the 1960s. I am still blown away at the many cultural landmarks--good and bad--from that decade. I hope this video brings back great memories of that incredible time in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment