Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another Instrumental Project Song- "Texas Toast"



Here's another selection from my upcoming instrumental project entitled "Songs Without Words." I have been influenced by so many guitarists that it's difficult to limit the styles I wanted to add to the record. I guess some of the songs just dictated how they wanted to be presented--and of course my own style always comes through.

I am going to see ZZ Top tonight in concert, so it's appropriate that I post a song inspired by the band. I have been a huge fan of Bill Gibbons from the start. In fact, fifteen years ago I had the pleasure of working in the same studio in which much of their classic record "Tres Hombres" was recorded; I imagined Billy's unmistakable guitar tones still floating in the air there. Also, I can't help but think of the gigantic Mexican food spread on the inside cover of "Tres Hombres" (Tex Mex food of those proportions are usually found exclusively in Texas and California!). I call this song "Texas Toast," because of it's gritty textures and it's Texas inspiration.

Again, I will have my full project available in July. I hope you enjoy the song... Texas Toast by jamieharvill

2 comments: