Friday, June 8, 2012

Blessed!!

It's great to be back home in my native Orange County! This time I'm accompanied by Brenda, Josh, Betsy and their spouses. We are celebrating the wedding of my cousin's son, and I'm officiating!

It's always great to be amongst family; it's with them that I realize how blessed I am. When a bummer day tries to force me to feel like giving in to a down-trodden spirit, I remember that I'm so fortunate and I quickly change moods for the better.

Growing up in a loving family where your place at the table is remembered even when you are away is comforting. I've always felt the sense of belonging, and that security can be traced to my wonderful OC upbringing.

There is so much to do here with so little time to do it. We will have to be very selective with our activities and visits, but a requisite trip to Disneyland is on the books, for sure.

Sunday I'll be leading worship at Worship Life Calvary in San Clemente. My buddy, Holland Davis, is pastor there and I am pumped to share some new music as well as hear some great preaching.

The summer is shaping up! There's a ZZ Top concert later this month, where I'll take my rock and roll bride. Blessed, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment