Sunday, July 11, 2010

Friends In Faraway Places

Let's face it, if you haven't dealt with Facebook or Twitter yet, you've either been trapped on a deserted island with Gilligan or you just refuse to break down and sign-up. You probably wouldn't be reading this right now, either. It's obvious that social websites, including blog tools like Blogspot and WordPress, have revolutionized our way of communicating. No wonder the US Postal Service is failing. People aren't writing letters...they are writing updates on every move they make, minute by minute, multiple times a day. I am totally on board for the long-haul!

Thanks to all who came to the wedding yesterday as well as all of the well wishes and words of blessing we've received through email and Facebook. We made it through pretty much unscathed. The bride and groom have boarded their big boat headed for the Caribbean, and Brenda and I are still enjoying the ridiculously killer leftover ribs from Friday's rehearsal dinner. I guess the reality of both kids married will sneak up on me when I least expect it.

I have been blown away by all of the birthday greetings received through Facebook, too. I's amazing how many friends I have in faraway places. Thank you so much! Brenda took the opportunity during the rehearsal dinner to serve cake and sing Happy Birthday. I couldn't have been more blessed. 50 feels good so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment