Friday, February 4, 2011

Family Men

Brenda and I were going over the events of the coming day when she showed me the scripture she was just reading in 1 Chronicles 7:3-4. It confirms the reason why dad's need to become warriors for their loved ones.
The sons of Izrahiah:
Michael, Obadiah, Joel and Ishiah. All five of them were chiefs. According to their family genealogy, they had 36,000 men ready for battle, for they had many wives and children.
These 36,000 men in 1 Chronicles had great reason to go into battle--they had much at stake. They went into the fray to protect their homes, wives and children. I see so many men with families who squander their treasure by distancing themselves from their families--either by neglect, working too many hours, or being unfaithful to their wives--maybe all three.

In a world where the boundaries of liberty are fading and the freedoms we possess as Americans seem to be diminishing, it should be no surprise that family men are standing up against opposing forces to say, "We're not gonna take it any more!" I am not a violent man, but I will not sit there and watch my family get run over by powers which cut contrary to my faith in Christ, my pledge of allegiance to America, or my promise to love, cherish and protect my wife and family.

I pray that in America, we as family men begin to embrace freedom as a cherished blessing. I will do all I can to passionately protect my home and the liberties for which my forefathers died.

No comments:

Post a Comment