Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cooperation

My mother was a spoiled woman. Before she died in 1997, she never filled a gas tank or opened a door for herself, that's because my dad made sure of it!

When I attempt to open a door for a lady at the grocery store, for example, sometimes I get a dirty look, like I'm showing they are the weaker gender. I personally believe men are weaker because we don't endure childbirth and the greatest share of child-rearing like they do. Also, the challenge of dealing with the atrocious behavior of a great number of males should prove that women are superior! My opening doors for women is simply an extension of my personal respect for them.

So, if I am to show respect to women, it takes cooperation on their part. The same is true with my spiritual life. It behooves me to cooperate with God when, in His Word, He says He wants to help me; He wants to open doors of blessing in my life. By rushing through life without honoring God--not waiting for Him, and not trusting in his lead--we, in effect, miss-out on the benefit of His favor. It takes faith to cooperate. When we hang back and let Him open the doors, we partake in the great things He has for us on the other side.

Through cooperation, mom practiced a spiritual principle, whether she knew it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment