Monday, September 12, 2011

National Day of Encouragement

Today, September 12, 2011, has been designated the National Day of Encouragement. Brenda tweeted this last week and made the point that it is appropriate placement, following the tenth anniversary of the attacks on 9/11.

Sometimes we need to retreat--to take cover and rest after a day like yesterday. It was hard to dodge the many 9/11 specials all over TV. I saw one program on MSNBC that touted the injustices inflicted on detainees at Guantanamo Bay. If there was a more inappropriate day to air that special, I know not one. It was so sad to see families on other networks as they tearfully remembered their fallen loved ones.

So a Day of Encouragement is due. Sometimes the road gets long, we get weary and faith can waver.  I'm ready for some good news today. It may be in the form of a compliment, or as a great future opportunity. Today, the greatest hope and encouragement comes from God. When I read Jeremiah 29:11, my spirit is lifted: "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

Basking in the warmth of those words, have a great National Day of Encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment